Monday, September 19, 2016

Antofagasta: Visit from a Seventy

Hey Mom and Dad!

This week was a roller coaster but we passed through all right and
were able to see some miracles as well.

Some things that happened this week:

We were blessed with the visit of a general seventy this week.
President put me in charge of preparing the chapel and getting
everyone to the chapel that we were going to use. Long story short a
miracle happened and we found a member who owns a bus to take the more
than a hundred missionaries from the bus terminal to the Orígenes
chapel. We got everyone there on time and everything turned out well.
I was worried things would be more hectic than they were.

At the end of the conference President Ferreira asked me to stick
around and I had a one on one interview with Elder Brag (the seventy).
We talked a little bit about the mission and he asked me what my plans
were after the mission. I gave him the normal "go back to study and
get married". He chuckled and told me not to worry about getting
married quickly but that God would put someone in my path. Pretty
interesting that even a general authority is talking to me about after
the mission!

Speaking of after the mission, I'm planning on giving my buddy Austin
 freshman year the responsability of finding me somewhere to
live for me. I wrote him a quick e-mail and asked him for permission
to be bugged a little bit by my mom. I'm pretty sure he's living in
Liberty Square and that's where I wanted to live before the mission. I
have an interview with the Mission President this Thursday morning.
I'll get the recomendation done and start planning for which classes
I'm going to take. I'm thinking he'll give me permission to scope out
a little bit.

The rest of the week was pretty calm. We, by luck, had an investigator
at church but the week was pretty hard for us. We just split the
sector and gave half of our everything to the other Elders. They are
cool though.

I'm getting along great with my companion. I've learned it takes me a
little while to warm up to people but I'm bit by bit opening up to the
missionaries that live with me.

I love you guys so much!

oh! I know I've been pretty low maintanence in the mission and haven't
really asked for much but could you take my electric guitar into
Guitar Dan's repair shop to get fixed up? If I remember right the
bridge needs to be taken down a little bit but they should know better
than me what needs to be done.

Love,
El primer Élder Walker ( o el segundo si papa cuenta

No comments:

Post a Comment